Collection week volunteers: contact Shirley Brown to sign up.
Below are the dates and times that Friendship will be open as a drop-off location:
- Monday, November 13 | 6:00pm - 8:30pm
- Tuesday, November 14 | 6:00pm - 8:30pm
- Wednesday, November 15 | 6:00pm - 8:30pm
- Thursday, November 16 | 6:00pm - 8:30pm
- Friday, November 17 | 6:00pm - 8:30pm
- Saturday, November 18 | 10:00am - 12:30pm
- Sunday, November 19 | 2:00pm - 4:30pm
- Monday, November 20 | 9:00am - 11:00am
Use an empty shoe box (standard size, please) or a small plastic container. You can wrap the box (lid separately), but wrapping is not required. Most importantly, pray for the child who will receive your gift.
2. Boy or Girl
Determine whether your gift will be for a boy or a girl, and the child’s age category: 2-4, 5-9, or 10-14. Print out the appropriate boy/girl label. You can download labels here. Mark the correct age category on the label, and tape the label to the top of your box.
3. Fill With Gifts
Fill the box with a variety of gifts that will bring delight to a child. Use the gift ideas provided on the bottom of this page.
4. Include a $7 Donation
Help cover shipping and other costs related to delivering your shoeboxes to children overseas by donating $9 for each gift you prepare. You can give online to discover the destination of your box. Or, you can write a check to Samaritan’s Purse (note “OCC” on the memo line) and place it in an envelope on top of the items inside your shoebox. If you are preparing multiple gifts, please make one combined donation. Note: Follow Your Box is only available through online giving.
Ask God to use your gifts to show His love to the child who will receive your shoebox.
6. Drop Off at Friendship Church (Lucas Ferry or North campus)
Place a rubber band around each closed shoe box and drop it off at Friendship Church no later than Sunday, November 19, 2017.
(Follow this link for age-specific gift ideas.)
- TOYS: Include items that children will immediately embrace such as dolls, toy cars, stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yos, jump ropes, balls, toys that light up and make noise (with extra batteries), etc.
- SCHOOL SUPPLIES: pens, pencils and sharpeners, crayons, markers, notebooks, paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books, etc.
- NON-LIQUID HYGIENE ITEMS: toothbrushes, bar soap, combs, washcloths, etc.
- ACCESSORIES: t-shirts, socks, hats, sunglasses, hair clips, jewelry, watches, flashlights (with extra batteries), etc.
- A PERSONAL NOTE: You may enclose a note to the child and a photo of yourself or your family. If you include your name and address, the child may be able to write back.
- DO NOT INCLUDE: Candy; toothpaste; used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives or military figures; chocolate or food; seeds; fruit rolls or other fruit snacks; drink mixes (powdered or liquid); liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.
No time to pack a shoebox? Build a box online in less than 5 minutes!